My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 27, 2003

Thanksgiving in Poland...

Poland does not celebrate thanksgiving, although I think it could be an international holiday, we all have something to give thanks for. Alexis called me at 8am this morning (11pm Seattle pacific time) to wish me a Happy Thanksgiving! It was great, although it did wake me up, but that’s okay She’s awesome, and I’m hoping to hear from her later tonight. I’m a little under the weather, every year I have some kind of cold or sore throat around thanksgiving, apparently it doesn’t matter where I am in the world, it’ll just happen. Then in a completely kingdom culture kind of way, Mike Utech from Consistently Chili called me about 20 min ago! Yes, someone I’ve never met, the blogosphere is truly a different kind of world. At first I was quite confused as to whom he was, then the bell rang, and I was floored, I think I must’ve sounded a little “not together”, well because I was, I just sat down at the computer. Thanks Mike, one the coolest things to happen since I’ve been here!

I will be celebrating Thanksgiving with Carol, Denise, Sabina (the girl whose cards I still need to post, so you can buy ‘em), Kate, Bozcenna, and Christ tomorrow evening. It should be a great evening of fun, and fellowship, and witnessing, a few of those girls need a little TLC and Jesus.

I am thankful everyday, for the internet and technology (truly I am, w/o it I wouldn’t be able to call back home nearly as much, or research things for our young adults group, or countless other things, not to mention the support and communication I receive/give from the blogosphere and of course the ability to have my entire CD collection in the size of a box slightly larger than a deck of cards!). I am thankful for my family, who I will be calling later today too. I am thankful for Alexis; it’s hard to imagine being here w/o her. I am thankful for my buddy Matt; it’s also strange to imagine being here w/o his support. I am thankful for God for the wonderful life which has been provided for me, not the materialistic things, or even the people in my life, but for the sense of purpose, direction, and hope.

Dear Jesus,
I am unable to pay back the debt which I owe you, but you don’t want me to pay back the debt, you want me to pay it forward, to others by service. You are incredible; you are more good every day. Although I have much to change in my life, many areas where I am not worshiping you, you still continue to bless me, and give me a hopeful future. Thank you, for everything, for this life, for my friends and family. But thank you for being who you are.