My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, November 09, 2003

I don�t deserve friends like you, you�re too good�

Last night wasn�t as I had expected, but it turned out to be a good night of worship and prayer. The turnout ended up only being one of our young adults, she�s also our children�s pastor, so instead of talking about �who is God to you�, we instead prayed for the group, and asked for commitment, and for the group to really begin to feel loved and empowered. It was good, but not what I had hoped for, but the Lord is good.

So, when it came to our regular service tonight, I gave an announcement about our new �upper room nights�, which I�m just advertising as �a special dinner night�. Later we got into our �family� groups (groups which each week serve a different area of ministry) and we prayed for the people to our left. There was a young lady to my left, who I�ve had the pleasure of talking to (she�s an English speaker) recently she came over early before service and we had a good conversation, not about anything �spiritual� but it was good for her to see that we are �normal�. I prayed for God to touch her, and that the next few months would be a time for her experience God�s love in a new amazing way. I think it scared her a little, not in a bad way, but in a way which made her really think. She ended up leaving the service after that. Later on she text messaged Chris and told him �Sorry I wasn�t their on Saturday night, I don�t deserve friends like you, you�re too good�. There is something in her past which makes her think she doesn�t deserve to be loved, or to be recognized as lovable. She�s currently involved with a boyfriend who is working in Chicago, who from all accounts that I�ve seen, does not treat her very well, and does not show any kind of love. From what I understand she knows all this, but still can�t let go of the relationship, in my opinion she is afraid to be �alone�. Anyway, please keep her in your prayers, and I am asking for God�s wisdom in dealing with these kinds of situations. I�ve always been afraid of �cross-sex� ministry, but God has assured me I have nothing to be afraid of. My relationship with Alexis is built on a concrete foundation, and everyone here knows how committed I am to Alexis, so �go forward, if they think other things you�ll know and be able to redirect their feelings/attention in the correct way before its too late�.

In other news, the girl I mentioned in my newsletter who makes the cards got more reassurance today. The Swiss pastor and three of his people are here for our pastor�s retreat we are hosting. One of the women who came told this young lady how awesome the cards are, and she had a list for more �orders� from her friends in Switzerland. The polish girl is so amazed, and I could see a twinkle of hope and amazement in her eyes tonight� I really want to post some pictures for all of you to see, and possibly you can �order� too� she�ll be very surprised, but they are so amazing, hand done, and very tasteful. So, God is working, and expect many amazing things to happen while I�m here. Thank you God, and thanks to all of you, who pray for me, and everyone here. I�m excited, are you?