My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 12, 2003

randomly rambling

I do not do random ramblings very much, in fact I do not remember the last time I did just ramble on. So many things have happened here in Zakopane since I arrived in September, not just things here, but things in my heart and my spirit too. The battles and triumphs are too many to count, but each one of them has changed me a little. Thank God that I can keep contact back home, not because I am home sick (although that does, has, and I know will happen more), but because I can stay aware of prayer needs back home. I have been able to use a few situations from home now, as a way of witnessing and showing how God's culture works, and that it does not matter where you are, bad things happen to good people, bad things happen to God's people, but only God can change those things, if we allow him.

I have seen so much, yet I have not acted on much of it. I am beginning to realize that one year here does no justice, for me or for the people here. However, I still have a strong calling to Seattle, but now that calling I believe will have a connection to Poland, not sure how, but I strongly believe in maintaining relationships, that I will do. I am so excited for things to come; I am no longer discouraged by the lack of "fruit" showing, like one of my commenters pointed out, some will sow, and others may nurture. Therefore, I will accomplish my roll, as long as I am honoring and praising God as I do it.

Although I have had almost zero communication with Alexis this week, I am even more in Love with her. I know that time alone, and silence between us does not lead to doubts or fears, instead it leads to confidence and reassurance we are living for the Lord. She sent a wonderful Christmas card to Carol and Denise, in fact, it was the first Christmas card that they have received this Christmas season, and yep that is my Alexis! I cannot wait to spend some time with her here, and make memories here in Poland; only the life of a Christ-follower, one that I do not deserve.

I am still struggling with some things… I would like to know why some people seem to put me in a funk where I do not want to talk to anyone. Other times I realize I have a very pathetic prayer life, much like the little mystic test said, I enjoy hearing from God more than I speak to him, I would like that to change, because relationships do not work with one-way communication. Another issue right now is getting my thoughts in line "on the fly", if I sit down and right down things, I can communicate clearly, but on the thought nothing comes out the way I want. It is not possible (most of the time) to sit down and right my thoughts out on some things. I just do not work that way, and I realize I may never be "good" at it, but I think it is possible for me to answer questions quickly and clearly. I pray for the Holy Spirit to speak through me, and that I do not feel rushed to answer a question.

I pray that your love for each other will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in your knowledge and understanding. For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until Christ returns. May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation--those good things that are produced in your life by Jesus Christ--for this will bring much glory and praise to God. [Philippians 1:9-11]