My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 04, 2003

Just tired...

I volunteered to do something I normally would not do because I just hate doing it, but I figured it couldn't be that bad, it was. What was it? Another missionary here in Poland was visiting us the past few days, and she asked if I could upgrade her older laptop from Window95 to Windows98 SE; I absolutely hate those operating systems they simply suck. Nevertheless, I did it anyway it is what I use to do for a living anyway (not upgrading laptops, but computer and network work). Well during the first phase of the upgrade, the laptop froze, and then windows would not start, so I was in serious trouble at about 3am. Then I figured out a way to create a DOS bootable CD-Rom, which saved my night, and at about 6am the upgrade was finished, although I am still not sure everything works, but I was dead tired. I still am, I had to getup at 11am, then I fell back to sleep just after noon, and woke up again at 4pm. I still need to teach English at the private school tonight, I am not looking forward to that. I have decided in order to keep my self sane, and not deprive myself of sleep I will not be doing computer work unless it is on a computer less than a Pentium 4, and using Windows 2000 or higher, unless it is for someone I know like a church member.

Lesson Learned:

The greatest among you must be a servant. But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted. [Matthew 23:11-12]