My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 30, 2003

confess & pray to/with/for each other

I just read Alexis' comment to my last entry, and it makes me so happy. I know so many people whom are either afraid or simply will not talk about their struggles, in private or public. For me, I am at a lost of words to even begin to tell you the amazing blessings I have had from confessing my struggles, sins, desires, anything. An amazing freedom is bestowed upon the person who can confess what they must change, amazing blessings come from being honest with yourself, God, and all others. I don't believe you have to tell the whole world, like I have chosen, just tell a close friend and/or your spouse.

Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results. [James 5:16]
Notice how James says "… so that you may be healed…" and its not just in my translation, its in all translations, you will be healed. But I see something here which is lacking in my life "… AND pray for each other…" the crucial word "AND" makes a big difference, we must not only confess our sins to each other, but we must pray for each other too! "So you're telling me I have to talk to people?" yes! Yep we must actually make relationships, imagine that, and I completely believe this is not only in the church, but outside the church as well, even if they do not confess their sins, we can still pray with and for them. Therefore, have no fear in telling your sins to people, if they reject you or curse you, it is their problem not yours. Besides, the honest prayer of a person after God's heart, has great power and wonderful results, so what are we be afraid of?
Sing for joy, this song sums it all up:
If we call to Him * He will answer us * If we run to Him * He will run to us * If we lift our hands * He will lift us up * Come now praise His name * All You saints of God

O sing for joy * To God our strength * O sing for joy * To God our strength * Our strength

Draw near to Him * He is here with us * Give Him your love * He's in love with us * He will heal our hearts * He will cleanse our hands * If we rend our hearts * He will heal our land

O sing for joy to God our strength * Our strength [Words by: Lamont Hiebert of Ten Shekel Shirt]