My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 18, 2003

one peddler, two drunkards, and me

Yesterday was the third visit from a very special person, this special person has not once, not twice, but three times attempted to communicate with me. He has twice walked into our apartment uninvited, and as of yesterday scared the hell out of me (I don't like it in me anyway). Chris is never here when this guy decides to visit, so I never know what he wants or why he is coming into our place. The first time he visited, I was just about to leave when I opened the door and there he was right at the entrance, I was in a hurry and had no idea what he wanted. The second time, he actually rang the doorbell, and I opened the door and he stepped in, I tried to ask (in Polish, and English) what he wanted, I had to gently push him out the door (I was on my way out again). The third time (yesterday) the doorbell rang while I was reading a book, I finished my sentence, got up, didn't turn any lights on when I went down the stairs. Then I opened the door to the entrance hall, and there he was in the dark, this time I yelped, and just asked him in English what he wanted, and that I could not help him, and he needed to leave and to never do this again (I doubt he understood). Each time I have ran into him his breath smells of alcohol and cigarettes, one time he motioned for cigarettes, sorry bud I can't help you with that.

Tonight on my way home from the English school, I was stopped by two drunkards, both got a little upset that I did not speak Polish. Then a peddler who walked with me for about a block trying to speak English stopped me and showed me some kind of flyer with Mary on it, then asked for five Złoty (that's about a dollar and a quarter) of which I did not have. Then God really convicted me as I walked through the center of town, and up the hill to our place. My attitude towards them is not necessarily mean, but it is not kind either. I started to think about this, then God put on my heart to not just "pray for them", it was pray with them. I do not know how this is going to work; it isn't as if they will understand me anyway. Therefore, I am now praying I will have the courage to do it next time.

"But when the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit upon his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered in his presence, and he will separate them as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep at his right hand and the goats at his left. Then the King will say to those on the right, `Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.' "Then these righteous ones will reply, `Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison, and visit you?' And the King will tell them, `I assure you, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!' "Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, `Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the Devil and his demons! For I was hungry, and you didn't feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn't give me anything to drink. I was a stranger, and you didn't invite me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me no clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn't visit me.' "Then they will reply, `Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?' And he will answer, `I assure you, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.' And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life." [Matthew 25:31-46]
I do not want to be a goat.