My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 19, 2003

fifty-five days and more

Driving down the mountain highway, he wears a big grin. Melodies of God's love are filling the car. The highway twists and turns, the weather outside is crisp, a thick layer of freshly fallen snow covers the landscape. Around one bend, and another, the city bobs in and out of view as the car goes up and over the hills. With the onramp to the free way just past this traffic light, he impatiently creeps into the intersection. Red, yellow, green, go. Pulling onto the freeway the car accelerates as fast as it can, and he merges onto the Autostrada, the sign reads "Krakow international airport – 13km".

Pulling into the airport parking lot the young man finds the first parking stall and quickly grabs his things, locks the car, and goes to the terminal. Just inside the doors are the exit gates for "Arrivals". He is of course early, and with nothing else to do, he just reads the flight information, waiting for Austrian Airlines flight 5597 to arrive. Who is on Austrian Airlines flight 5597? A young woman who has come to experience the young man's call and to help in the calling. The reason for coming is love, love created by our savior and creator, because we read his book. God has written this romance story, and they intend on making it work. Memories will be made, and the main goal is to reflect a healthy relationship centered in Jesus, and to bring hope to the young lives of Zakopane.

In fifty-five days, I will be traveling that highway. In fifty-five days, Alexis will be coming to Zakopane.

I did not grow up in a "Christian" household, we tried, but church was never an event. Communication in my family was never clear, although we tried our hardest, God was missing. My brother and I were full of pride, which alienated our mother, who does love God, maybe had we been more open in the beginning things could have been different. I was sexually abused by a "friend", making my sexuality a huge problem through out my high-school years. At the beginning of my walk with Christ I was involved with a girl who broke my heart in many ways, and I was still confused over my sexuality.

About a year and a half ago, I finally told my entire story to my old youth pastor, I was freed from all the guilt and shame of my past. After that I became who God created me to be. I became content being single, I also became confident in myself, and took the courage to serve God in a foreign place.

I believe with all my heart, and on my life, because of those decisions, and because of my past, I have the life I have now. This is only the beginning of something huge. Every blessing you pour out, I'll turn back to praise! [me]
While your at it, go check this out.