My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 18, 2003

more on purity

Go read this post from Scott. I admit I am in the same boat, my body may be "virgin" but my mind is not. Thank God for Jesus, I am a new creation, even if it does have to be done, over, and over, and over.

So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual sin, impurity, lust, and shameful desires. Don't be greedy for the good things of this life, for that is idolatry. God's terrible anger will come upon those who do such things. You used to do them when your life was still part of this world. But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. Don't lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old evil nature and all its wicked deeds. In its place you have clothed yourselves with a brand-new nature that is continually being renewed as you learn more and more about Christ, who created this new nature within you. In this new life, it doesn't matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbaric, uncivilized, slave, or free. Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us. [Colossians 3:5-11]
This is what comes right after what I have declared my "life motto" (under "about me" on the sidebar), it is the way to live, and if you read further Paul insists that it is all a matter of our heart, and in the previous chapter rules and regulations will not produce the life God wants for us. God sets us free! I do not feel bound by the fact I have friends who monitor all my internet activity, I feel even more free because all I want is to honor and glorify God in my private and public life.