My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

waking the dead

Although I have not finished "Waking the Dead" by John Eldredge I am highly recommending it to everyone. The chunk I read last night really has me thinking, titled "The glory hidden in your heart", and it is absolutely inspiring.

You probably can't imagine there being a glory to your life, let alone one that the Enemy fears. But remember—things are not what they seem. We are not what we seem. You probably believed that your heart was bad too. I pray that fog of poison gas from the pit of hell is fading away in the wind of God's truth. And there is more. Not only does Christ say to you that your heart is good, he invites you now out of the shadows to unveil your glory. You have a role you never dreamed of having.
How true! God has made us new creations, when we accept Christ our ugliness is cut-away, glorious we are! Every creation of God's is glorious! Including you and I, we have been created to be beautiful, we are created to be much more than the Enemy wants us to be.

For my entire life, I cannot recall ever feeling "glorious", I have never felt truly great. I was always shorter than all the other boys in school. I have never been very good at any game which includes a ball (I am getting better!). From sixth grade through high school, I battled a face full of acne. My school grades have never been stellar. Moreover, since knowing God personally, I have struggled with being more than "just a sinner". Many Christians will say "I am a sinner, through and through, saved by grace alone", this is true, but it is not the full truth! We are sinners, but that saving grace transforms us into the glorious people we were meant to be!
But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, then the veil is taken away. Now, the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, he gives freedom. And all of us have had that veil removed so that we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more. [2 Cor. 3:16-18]
However the glory does not come from us, it comes from our magnificent obsession, Jesus Christ. So be who you were meant to be, a glorious child, soldier, prince/princess of God! The Enemy is always fighting for us, this is the battlefield, and your heart is the trophy
But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won your fight with these false prophets, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world… We know that we are children of God and that the world around us is under the power and control of the evil one. [1 John 4:4, 5:19]
Jesus make me the Man you want me to be, The burning in the heart Of my deepest desire is Rising like a flame, Burning higher and higher, Burning in the heart.

In other news: Clinton administration created "regime change" plan.