My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 01, 2004

i must be a romantic freak

Do you ever feel like a freak? The last few days I have had some great opportunities to talk to people, here and back home, about Alexis and I and why I am halfway around the world from home. Most people's reactions, including other Christians, are "oh, that's nice, I couldn't do that", and "good for you, won't work for me". Excuse me? As if I am some kind of foreigner… oh wait, I am, literally, and are not most Christians? Over the last five years, my life has gone in a 540-degree circle. The first 180 was when I finally found God and decided to follow him, the second is when I decided to honor God with my entire life, the third 180 is when I started to listen and obey Christ and let him work through me, since that point the blessing have exponentially increased.

I think my views on life shock many people because they are so contrasting to the "norm". Alexis and I have not kissed because we want our physical relationship to be sacred, we want it to have meaning when it happens, not powered by our lustful desires, but by our hearts. This may seem absurd to some people, you may even ask, "how do they know if they are attracted to each other then?", we are truly attracted by each other's drive to adore God with our lives. When we say we want our relationship to point to God, we are saying we want God to be the main factor in everything we do. Physical affection is an amazing thing, and I am sure Sex is even better; however, without God those wonderful things can create so much hurt and angst. Do I believe a healthy romance can exist with out God, yes. Do I believe a healthy and fulfilled romance can exist with out God, no. Why? Because any couple who communicates their feelings, expectations, hardships, and desires, will have a healthy relationship. However, a fulfilled romance can only exist if the deepest desires of our heart are filled, and those are only filled by God's unconditional love, he is the only one who can give that love.

My desire is for everyone to be content and fulfilled by God, before pursuing any romantic relationship. Being Single is an amazing GIFT, it allows us to discover who we are with Christ. When single it is much easier to get closer to God, and to know what it means to lovingly adore him. At all times remember you might be called to live a single life as Paul, but if you are longing for a relationship, probably not, but as long as you are longing, you will never know, and you will not experience God's astounding blessings in this season of your life.