My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 08, 2002

By a friend

This is what I feel

Comfort is so underrated

I'd rather the old comfy love of a friend
than the new fangled lust of a stranger


the hotter you burn, the colder you turn when it's over
one day you could move a mountain with your feelings,
the next you just want to lay down and die.


and you've gained nothing for your pains
not an ounce of support did he lend to you in need
and now he's gone and you are so glad
yet you've lost something of yourself that you needed


Where do you get it back?
who gives you back pieces of yourself?
your friend(s)
plural if your're lucky


Your friend who's been there forever
your friend who knows your worst and your best
A friend who will always care
and be there a smile and hug
a comfy love of security and history


you've been there for them
they'll be there for you.
and your friend can give you back your heart


no matter who you gave some of it to,
you gave more to them
and your friend has parts of you that can be replenished
so you'll both have enough and some to spare


A friend's love is the love that I want in my life
A friend's love is better than any relationship and its false promises
a broken stare traded for an open heart
a dirty touch erased by a cleansing hand


A hurt in your soul can be healed by this love
that doesn't acknowledge barriers or distance
and revels in encouragement


My friend is the one who I will always have


I will always have that comfortable love
that heals and mends and helps me to grow
into the person I was meant to be


far away from all i've been through
into a new future of hope


My friend helps me bring along all that is good
and helps me to toss the bad.


So I will cherish this love
the friendship(s) that make life worth it
and i will always want it more than any other thing