My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 16, 2004

Lusty ads going out of style?



Just read an article from USA Today saying some top companies are changing their "thinking" on risqué ads. Companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Victoria's Secret and yes Abercrombie and Fitch are all changing their "thinking". Thanks to Joshua Claybourn's Domain for the heads up.

I have been reading "Every young man's battle" and although I thought it would be impossible to abstain completely from all lust, I have proven myself wrong. It is amazing to feel the change inside of me, I feel physically better because I'm not on sex overdrive anymore. Spiritually I feel more confident and most of all I am falling more in love with the person of Alexis rather than the body. I have made this choice in life, and I know I will not regret it. Sexual purity is very hard idea to grasp in full; it is more than simply abstaining from sexual intercourse before marriage, in fact even after marriage sexual purity is not "easier" to keep.

For me, it has only been a few days of mentally avoiding all lust. However, the rewards are already amazing, I feel liberated in many ways. I am spiritually, mentally, and physically more in tune with God now. This is a dream come true, it is possible I know it. God's promises never fail, his voice is the voice of truth, I am no longer afraid. Choosing to listen his voice, his word, has repeatedly proven to be amazing.
Then Jesus called to the crowd to come and hear. "All of you listen," he said, "and try to understand. You are not defiled by what you eat; you are defiled by what you say and do!" Then Jesus went into a house to get away from the crowds, and his disciples asked him what he meant by the statement he had made. "Don't you understand either?" he asked. "Can't you see that what you eat won't defile you? Food doesn't come in contact with your heart, but only passes through the stomach and then comes out again." (By saying this, he showed that every kind of food is acceptable.) And then he added, "It is the thought-life that defiles you. For from within, out of a person's heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, eagerness for lustful pleasure, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness. All these vile things come from within; they are what defile you and make you unacceptable to God." [Mark 7:14-23]