My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 07, 2003

It's Poland here - An email from the guy i'll be living with!

Hi there on the other side of the Big Pond Travis,
How are you doing? Are excited about spending a year in Poland? I bet you are.
Well, first let me introduce myself. My name's Krzysztof (you can call me Chris) and if everything goes well we will have a chance to get to know each other pretty well (inside out frankly). Why? I'll tell you in a sec.
Once upon a time, actually a year ago I decided to spend a year in the south of Poland in order to find out God's will for me. In Nowy Targ I met Carol and Denise and started working with them becoming more and more involved in projects, group meetings, Bible studies and so on. My spiritual side received a boost never seen before. God started working miracles with the circle of people grouped around Carol and Denise's seven-year-long missionary work. Suddenly, within a year, a pretty loose group started acting as one body commiting their time and effort to something bigger than just regular meetings to study and pray. I looked with awe at the hand of God working in the midst of us. Through intimate meetings with God, spiritual growth, my ministry, confirmation from leaders, circumstances I came to believe that God wanted me to stay and help Carol and Denise. I struggled with that for quite a while, because from the purely worldly perspective it would have been against logic. However, God did not give up on molding my character towards reaching the right decision. Two weeks ago I announced my final decision to everyone: "I'm going back to the mountains for as long as God wants me to stay". Right now I'm still in Bydgoszcz, which is roughly an eight-hour drive away from Nowy Targ. But in September I am moving into a place that God has for us because we're gonna live together. I think it's cool 'cos we're both gonna be missionaries working for the same church though we don't know each other. I'll do my best to save you the culture shock and to help you assimilate. I can cook a thing or two and I have an MA in English so you'll be able to speak your lingo though in Poland. I spent a year in the US so I know your culture a bit too. I think it's going to be an enriching experience I'm really looking forward to spending a year with you. By the way, I'm 62. I know you're 24 so we may have some age discrepancy there, I'm kidding I'm 26 and I know quite a crowd of Christian friends our age around so your mission is not going to be only sweat and tears :)
Okey dokey, gotta go now. Take care and courage. Everything's gonna be fine. We're so looking forward to meeting and working with you. I would appreciate if you could drop me a line about your story. So far I know you're Travis, 24, male, computer programmist, Christian, and cool-that's all I know. You can also ask me any question and I'll be more than happy to answer.
Ps. I have a car, Honda Civic (not a brand new one but with quite some character). It's a stick. If you bring your driver's licence I'll share it with you.
God bless you friend
Chris

I corrected him, that i'm 21 not 24 and that i'm a system (network) engineer not a programmer... small details, nothing big.