My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 24, 2003

Proverbs 24

As I was reading Proverbs 24 today, I learned that God is really trying to push me to read his word. I have this new regiment I want to try out; it involves my physical body and my spiritual body. Tomorrow (if I don�t chicken out) I�m going to sign up for a gym membership, and if there was such a thing a bible-gym, but since there is not, I�ll have to do it my self. I hope to go the gym after work each day, or at least three times a week, then go home or to another brother or sisters house and really dig into the word. I don�t want to burn my self out, so it�s going to only be a paragraph or so, whatever I feel like is enough to journal and really chew on. I�m going to ask all of you who read this to hold me accountable, if you don�t see me posting on a regular basis about some piece of the word, then let me know�. Thank you Lord.


Don't envy evil people; don't desire their company. 2 For they spend their days plotting violence, and their words are always stirring up trouble.
3 A house is built by wisdom and becomes strong through good sense. 4 Through knowledge its rooms are filled with all sorts of precious riches and valuables.
5 A wise man is mightier than a strong man, and a man of knowledge is more powerful than a strong man. 6 So don't go to war without wise guidance; victory depends on having many counselors.
7 Wisdom is too much for a fool. When the leaders gather, the fool has nothing to say.
8 A person who plans evil will get a reputation as a troublemaker. 9 The schemes of a fool are sinful; everyone despises a mocker.
10 If you fail under pressure, your strength is not very great.
11 Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don't stand back and let them die. 12 Don't try to avoid responsibility by saying you didn't know about it. For God knows all hearts, and he sees you. He keeps watch over your soul, and he knows you knew! And he will judge all people according to what they have done.
13 My child, eat honey, for it is good, and the honeycomb is sweet to the taste. 14 In the same way, wisdom is sweet to your soul. If you find it, you will have a bright future, and your hopes will not be cut short.
15 Do not lie in wait like an outlaw at the home of the godly. And don't raid the house where the godly live. 16 They may trip seven times, but each time they will rise again. But one calamity is enough to lay the wicked low.
17 Do not rejoice when your enemies fall into trouble. Don't be happy when they stumble. 18 For the LORD will be displeased with you and will turn his anger away from them.
19 Do not fret because of evildoers; don't envy the wicked. 20 For the evil have no future; their light will be snuffed out.
21 My child, fear the LORD and the king, and don't associate with rebels. 22 For you will go down with them to sudden disaster. Who knows where the punishment from the LORD and the king will end?

[Proverbs 24:1-22]

I love proverbs because it is so blunt, so to the point, tell me what to do LORD, okay, I will. Verse seventeen, do not rejoice when your enemies fall into trouble. Don�t be happy when they stumble, for the LORD will be displeased with you and will turn his anger away from them., good one for these times right now, eh? You see, I truly believe that not matter what God loves everyone, even if they are not following him, although it is very clear he hates our sins, and decisions which lead us away from him, because he is a jealous God, he wants us to be focused on him, because only following him will give us eternal life, he wants to spend it with us! Imagine, the God of the universe wants to spend his forever with us, with me, with you! But he also loves us so much, that he wants us to truthfully choose him, from our hearts and to follow him with all our will, otherwise if he made us choose him, what kind of setup would that be. Imagine your family, your mother, father, brother sister, only caring for you because they were �programmed to�, it wasn�t their choice, horrible I say, just horrible.

I have a lot more to say, but i'm kinda at a friend's house, sweet tulip. We will soon be entering; The Matrix.

God is so amazing, amen!