My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Warning Doctrinal Argument ahead, proceed with caution, or take this detour.

Do we go straight to heaven when we die? I did a google search on this and found 116,000 different answers. So, do we? There seems to be many different articles and opinions. I strongly recommended you go looking for your self. It's an interesting question when you look at these verses:

John 6:38-40
For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do what I want. And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them to eternal life at the last day. For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life--that I should raise them at the last day."

Daniel 12:1-3
"At that time Michael, the archangel who stands guard over your nation, will arise. Then there will be a time of anguish greater than any since nations first came into existence. But at that time every one of your people whose name is written in the book will be rescued. Many of those whose bodies lie dead and buried will rise up, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt. Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like stars forever.

1st Corinthians 15:22-23
Everyone dies because all of us are related to Adam, the first man. But all who are related to Christ, the other man, will be given new life. But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised first; then when Christ comes back, all his people will be raised.

The jury is still out on this one, but just remember things like this do not change who we are living for or why we are here on earth. We are here to love our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and to love others as unconditionally as humanly possible.