My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Life Lessons

I just read through today’s life lessons, and I was again struck by God’s perfect love. I read Genesis 6-7 and Luke 3:1-22 and although at a glance they may seem to be completely unrelated, Noah’s flood and the intro to John the Baptist, the common thread is one of justice and love. The flood was about God having favor with Noah as the only human, at the time, to have a righteous and blameless life. John the Baptist was the one to make the way for Jesus as Lord and the only one to live an entire righteous and blameless life.

Both passages reminded me that I am far from blameless, but I do know that I am righteous, only because of Jesus. I am seen as white as snow, spotless, fully redeemed at the price of Jesus’ blood. Yet at times I am as wicked, as full of sin, and worthy of death by fire. But now I am seen as completely washed of my sins, and God guides me with his cleansing water and fire with His Holy Spirit. The flood of Noah cleansed the earth of evil, the fire of Jesus’ words cleansed humanity of evil. I’ll leave you with John’s prophesy about Jesus:

John answered their questions by saying, “I baptize you with water; but someone is coming soon who is greater than I am—so much greater that I’m not even worthy to be his slave and untie the straps of his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. Luke 3:16 nlt