My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Life Lessons

The pastor at our church challenged us about a month ago to really journal, now I have been journaling for the most part everyday the last four years. Well, except the last year, it's been more like once to three times a week, there are a number of reasons as to what caused this change, mostly due to apathy and being "busy". Well, I really am trying to change this and get back into journaling and blogging, I enjoy writing and I know God has gifted me with the ability to write for a reason. So, our pastor gave the entire congregation on Wednesday night what he calls "life lessons", it's a journal with a reading plan, and a very simple journaling plan. It's what Jason (our pastor) calls "S.O.A.P." which stands for Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer. This is kind of what I’ve always done, to the most part, just now it’s in a neat little package that gets me thinking. So today's reading I chose the "meal" option (there's three different options, all revolving around the same text, 1. Snack, 2. Meal, and 3. Feast), I chose meal, which today was on Genesis 3 and Luke 2. In a nutshell, the theme God spoke to me was his transcending love, a love that gently guided us into obedience (the fall, Genesis 3) and a love that came to teach and for us to either reject or accept (Luke 2, the coming of Christ and his early childhood). In both passages we see God's love. Most of all in Luke 2:34-35:

Then Simeon blessed them, and he said to Mary, the baby’s mother, “This child is
destined to cause many in Israel to fall, but he will be a joy to many others.
He has been sent as a sign from God, but many will oppose him. As a result, the
deepest thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your
very soul.”


I noticed that Jesus was destined to either be accepted or rejected by people, and we must be prepared for the same, we are, after all, His followers. Lord, I ask for you to be near, to be the God of us that chooses good over evil, and for you to guide is into your goodness and stray away from knowing "both good and evil" for you designed us to know only your goodness, and in our pride we chose both good and evil.

Father, I ask that you bless our friends, Jason and Cassiday through this transition period, that you bring full understanding and that your Holy Spirit guide them into miracles they never thought possible. I pray for Jason, as a man of Your word, to be guided by your goodness and your wisdom. Lord I pray that the enemy STOP pushing the buttons, in your name I ask for healing from the storms that won't stop, I ask Lord for your divine rest and peace and that the faith of his friends and family be a constant encouragement. Lord, I pray for Kerstin's parents to have safe travel, for your word to be known to them intimately, and most of all, Lord, for your Son to be revealed to them; in only a way that our faith in you can understand. Lord I ask that you bring me to my knees, that I let my pride down, and that I see your beauty in everything I do and in every person that I encounter. In Jesus' name - Amen.