My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

God willing

I realize that most of the time I fail to give God any real authority. I pray and say things like "Let me, make me, make it so" but I don't give Him the authority in my life. I don't say "You may do this, in your will, I give you authority". I realize while I have thought I've given up control I really haven't I've simply just started yakking at God but haven't quite given Him the green light in my life. Granted there have obviously been times where I have (or I wouldn't be in Poland) but those times have been few and far between. I've been reading Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost for His Highest" and the past few days have been about obedience and submitting. He highlights the point that obedience means nothing without recognizing the higher power that you are obeying too. If you do not recognize Jesus Christ as the one you are obeying and submitting to then you fail to give any adoration to your creator. The Lord never insists that we obey Him, in fact no one can claim that God made him or her obey. The moments in my life where I have submitted to obeying God it has been only when I have recognized and revered Him for all that he is and does.

I came to Poland as an act of obedience because I knew that I needed to know God more clearly. Well, I can see clearly now, the rain is gone, I can see all obstacles in my way. It's a bright, bright, sun shiny day. Only by adoring, revering, and loving Christ can I truly obey Him. Otherwise my life is simply just another religion, rules and regulations without any kind of relationship or life. I adore the Lord because he makes life beautiful, I revere the Lord because he is in full power, and I love Him because he loved (and loves) me for who I am with all my flaws. I have learned that people will only begin to obey the Lord if they know the Lord. Then through obedience they will seek to adore and revere Him and their lives will be fruitful.