My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Spring is coming



It looks like spring is finally coming here. It is almost 50°F outside the sun is out and the Tatra Mountains are looking awesome, and best of all the snow is melting! If it snows again I just might break something, I have officially decided that I will never live in a place where it the snow stays around for more than two weeks. I will visit those kinds of places, but I will never live there ever again. I plan on visiting Zakopane many more times throughout my life, maybe even staying during the summers or springs. I just do not plan to live here again, the operative word being "I".

God has taught me many things about myself, about living in another culture, and about ministry. I have no clue how I will get to where I am 99% sure I am going. The only thing I know is that God has provided for me this entire time I have been here, and I know he will always provide for the future. God has also put many awesome people in my life (believers and non-believers alike) who have supported me, through prayer, advice, financially, and simply being a resource for the people here in Poland. Without the support I would have lost it months ago, it has been very hard, harder than any other time in my life. I have even questioned the existence of God, but in the end it is his character, the people, and the blessings that have proven to me that God loves me.

Personally I have been learning, and I still am, how to intimately fellowship with God. While in Seattle I had, which I now know is rare anywhere, a group of people to worship with, it is because of this group of people that I know I am loved, by God. These people came from many different denominations, backgrounds, strong and weak in their faith, but all wanted to know God more. Without these people, I would have never come to know God as I know him now. I know that I should not return to Seattle expecting to have the group be the same, a part of me expects them to be more in Love, but the other part knows the reality of life. I think my "reentry" into my own culture will be a bit frustrating, but I know it will also be God's way of telling me many things. I am already planning many things to do when I return; one of those things is simply relaxing. In fact if I do not get the job I am looking at, then I will simply take a month or a little more to relax, see things I want, do things I want, talk to people I want. The number one thing I want to be involved in when I return is ministry, somehow, someway.
"There is no judgment awaiting those who trust him. But those who do not trust him have already been judged for not believing in the only Son of God. Their judgment is based on this fact: The light from heaven came into the world, but they loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. They hate the light because they want to sin in the darkness. They stay away from the light for fear their sins will be exposed and they will be punished. But those who do what is right come to the light gladly, so everyone can see that they are doing what God wants." [John 3:18-21]

Listening to: Hosea - Shane Barnard - Psalms