My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 09, 2004

Extremely Encouraged!

The past few days have been incredible, only because I have learned the important lesson of "expectancy"! Expectancy in prayer, that is. I was reading James a few nights ago, and I realized that I did not actually EXPECT God to answer my prayers, I said I did, but I didn't actually in my heart expect it. I believed he would, but I didn't expect… there is a rather slight difference in those words, but they have two different ideologies. I could believe until the cows come home that I believe God answers all my prayers, but unless I expect to see the answer, I won't. Unless I expect for him to answer my prayer, he won't, it shows no faith if I just believe in prayer, I must believe and expect the prayer to be answered.

Since learning this lesson, I have seen at least a dozen prayers either answered, or in the process of being answered, and a few I know will be, simply because I am expecting them to be… Of course, our prayers must not be prayers of manipulation and we must understand they can be answered in a number of ways. But to believe and expect also leaves out the silly worrying, and the childish looking around for the "answer".

But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to answer, for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. People like that should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. They can't make up their minds. They waver back and forth in everything they do. [James 1:6-8]
In other news: Newsletter five "The Halfway Point" is now available.

Listening to: 1 of the 3 - Jonny Diaz -