My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://travis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 31, 2003

Things are changing�

Tonight I did something which I�ve been trying to do for at least a year: just speak out and do as the Holy Spirit asks. I have been struggling with this for quite some time� I get promptings to pray for certain individuals all the time, and promptings to pray in general, to lead in prayer, but most of the time I just say it in my head, even though I know God is asking me to speak out loud. Tonight, maybe not for the first time, but definitely in one of those moments where I would have �chickened� out, I did it!

I spoke, and I prayed about how our little �Halloween� party, wasn�t a �Halloween� party at all, but a time to focus on the harvest ahead� and not only the harvest of the souls of others we may be outreaching to, but the harvest of our own hearts, mine, and everyone else�s in the room� God wants us to be as a farmer who has a great surplus, one we can share with others. The harvest is near, we are ripe for God, and others are ripe to hear his good news.

I believe this to be my first step in becoming the man God wants me to be. I don�t know how this all plays out for the future, but I am sure, that if I remain focused; I will be a different person when I return to Seattle. I am sure I�ll have more confidence, and I am sure I will not be afraid to speak to others, about their lives, and about God. Everyday I see more and more things, which lead me to believe I will be in some kind of ministry in Seattle, I don�t know what kind, but one which is dynamic, different, and relevant to people today.